In early 2015 MecSoft Corporation started looking for a solution that would allow it to transition away from a hardware key (dongle) based licensing to automated software licensing for its popular line of CAD/CAM products. They needed to make the shift due to the expense and delay programming and shipping individual dongles.
The resulting lack of automation in the license fulfillment process also hurt their ability to provide customers with immediate access to its software applications. They also realized that they needed a software based licensing system that:
- Could protect products and proprietary information.
- Could be effectively integrated with their existing sales platform.
- Was scalable to both current and future offerings and increasing sales volume
MecSoft looked at many different systems before finally settling on the Reprise License Manager (RLM). They decided to work with Reprise Software because Reprise offered a solution that:
- Was mature and sophisticated which met not only our needs but also those of our customers.
- Handled licensing scenarios that satisfied the existing demands of their product offerings, while also providing a viable platform for their future needs.
- Provided excellent documentation and tech support that allowed them to get started quickly and adapt to the initial integration process.
MecSoft released its products using RLM technology in 2015. According to Mr. Joe Anand, MecSoft’s President, “The systems are functioning as expected and, I am happy to say that, with the help of RLM, we have successfully met all the goals that we set for ourselves when we started this transition process. ”
Our Future with Reprise
Mr. Anand continued, “We have also talked with Reprise about their newest internet-based network licensing system, RLMCloud, and are planning to incorporate this system into the next release of products. We are thrilled that Reprise has been able to provide us with their cutting edge of licensing technology which has allowed us to focus on our core competency while taking advantage of theirs. “
MecSoft Corporation is a developer of standalone, as well as integrated CAD/CAM software solutions for both the subtractive (CNC machining) and additive (3D printing) manufacturing industries. With a focus on developing easy, powerful, and affordable CAD/CAM software solutions, its goal is to continue to provide manufacturing professionals with the best price-to-performance CNC and 3D printing software.